WHO WE ARE
FOCUS is registered as a TRUST according to Zimbabwean laws. FOCUS also affiliates to Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ) and the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES).
Our vision is to see students and faculty transformed by the GOSPEL and built into communities of disciples impacting campuses, the church and society for the glory of Christ
WHAT DO WE DO
We reach out to college students with the good news of Christ, equipping them to be true and faithful witnesses of Christ both on campus and the community as a whole.
All students are welcome irrespective of their church background
We regard both reason and church tradition as being subject to Scripture. Non-denominational & Inter-denominational-All students are welcome irrespective of their church background (thus, inter-denominational) and as such we do not take a particular stand on denominational issues nor do we allow our groups to do so (thus non-denominational). Instead, we emphasize the need for love, unity and fellowship as taught in scripture (Ephesians 4v1-6).
We believe that we should demonstrate the following: In essentials we show unity; in non-essentials we allow for liberty and in all things we show charity. Indigenous-Although FOCUS is affiliated to International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES); it is indigenous in terms of local leadership. Similarly, each affiliated Christian Union is led by a student committee helped by FOCUS staff workers.
we seek to lead students and help them lead other students to a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
We seek to grow, deepen and strengthen the spiritual lives of students through Bible Study, Prayer and Fellowship.
We want to release students into the world from campuses to be change agents and effective witnesses for Jesus Christ.
We seek to equip students by preparing them to stand up against the devastating evil system of this world.
We seek to equip students with the ability to share and defend their Christian faith, competently integrating their faith in their academic studies and professional aptitude.
We seek to have and grow competent and motivated staff members.
Stake holder engagement
We seek to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, ensuring they stay informed of and encouraged by the FOCUS gospel work.
We seek to ensure that FOCUS has sufficient financial resources for its ministry needs.
We seek to have transparent accountability and efficient corporate governance.
FOCUS Zimbabwe values are essential directing principles towards the development and growth of the organisation within the Zimbabwean environment. Six values were developed for FOCUS Zimbabwe. These are:
1. Bible-based – the bible is our primary source of guidance in all we do (2 Tim 3:16)
2. Christ-centred – Christ is our reason for existence and his glory our goal (Is 48:9-11, 1 Cor10:31, 1 Pet 4:11)
3. Commitment – we are whole-heartedly dedicated to the gospel cause on and off campus(Rom 12:1-10)
4. Integrity – we are committed to serving with all honesty in our ministry endeavours (Titus2:7)
5. Professionalism – we seek to execute our ministry with excellence, reflecting great competence, reliability and responsibility (2 Tim 2:15; Col 3:23; 2 Cor 8:7)
6. Teamwork – we seek to work cooperatively, supporting each other and providing an enjoyable environment for all stakeholders (1 Peter 4:10)